Thursday, January 23, 2014

West Virginia Wild Flowers Blankie

*I don't know why this post has decided not to work. When I figure out how to fix it, please check back to see all the lovely pictures! Thanks!*

You know how a couple blog posts ago I showed you some granny squares I had been working on?  I kind of left you hanging, so I'm sure you would like to see what became of them.  I decided to crochet up some circles in different colors after being inspired by wildflowers as we drove through the state of West Virginia on a trip.
Displaying photo 2.JPG
Circles!



Displaying photo 1.JPGThese are made with the same type of yarn that I had used for the granny squares.  I then randomly laid them out together and adjusted the colors to be spread out to see how many more I would need.
After I had enough to make a baby sized blanket, I started the crochet-as-you-go method.  Let me tell you....I was SO glad this blanket was of a small size!

Displaying photo 3.JPG
Joining it all together.

Do you see how this process could take awhile?  The finished product is just so lovely, though.



Displaying photo 4.JPG
Here is the back with all the ends that need to be sewn in to make sure the entire project does not unravel!  Ta da!


 
Displaying photo 5.JPG
All complete with a border.

No comments:

Post a Comment