Saturday, March 23, 2013

Smalls, the Smooshy Bunny

I know it's LATE in the day (or early in the morning) for all of us on the East Coast, but I wanted to share another lovely with you.  This is the first animal I have ever crocheted.  I got the idea for him when I came across a picture on a blog of a little girl holding a bunny that her grandma had crocheted for her.  I have not been able to find that blog again since then, but I did use the ideal sphere patterns by Emily, which I found HERE, connected them together by moving on to a smaller sphere before finishing the bigger one, and used my own design for the ears.

So, I introduce to you: Smalls, the Smooshy Bunny:


He's cute, huh?  You may be wondering (like my hubby did) why he has no limbs.  Well, I think it shows off his posable ears better, and if a child ever gets hold of him, he's easy to keep in the crook of an elbow or "smooshed" in a small hand.  Hence, the "smooshy" bunny part.  He is rather small, but I think he's charming.

See you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment