Friday, March 29, 2013

Busch Gardens

 Griffon = Scariest. Coaster. Ever.

I may be exaggerating here, but really - I was shaking even after I got off of this coaster, and I didn't even sit in the front row!  See that loop up there in the picture?  I know it's a little hard to see with the sun, but there are people up there....just hanging there.  They're not upside down or anything, but as part of the ride you do just dangle at the tippy top before it curves inward and then down.  So, instead of just going down the hill like the average coaster, this one likes to scare you a little more.  If you are an adventure seeker, then I highly recommend this for you.  If you are scared of heights, you should probably stay on the ground and watch as your friends brave this heart racing ride!

Here's a ride a little more up the easy going rider's ally:
This is Apollo's Chariot.  I was in the front row, and it's a pretty easy going coaster.  Case in point: there was a seven year old beside me throwing up her arms as we rounded turns and went down hills.  If you're more into an old school type coaster, this is the one for you. 

There are three other roller coasters at this park: Alpengeist, Loch Ness Monster and Verbolten.  Verbolten is the newest one that replaced Big Bad Wolf (don't worry, it jerked riders around for 25 years), and it has some surprises in store for you during the ride.  I won't spoil it, but it was super fun!

Can you tell why there wasn't a post yesterday?  I was out making some memories to share with all of you.  :)  How many of you have been to Busch Gardens?

No comments:

Post a Comment