Thursday, March 21, 2013

Testing..1 2 3

Hello there!

My name is Lydia, and I am a beginner at crochet.  I taught myself through youtube videos and other tutorials online, and I ended up LOVING it so I started crocheting animals from patterns I found through Pinterest.  These animals are called Amigurumi.  After making a few different ones over the past couple months, I have just begun to experiment with designing my own.  I want to share with the original creators the lovelies I have made with their patterns, but I also wanted to have a place where I could share my designs when I create more of them.  What better way to find others who love crochet than through a blog?  So, here I go onto writing about crochet, and maybe I'll share some of the resources I used in order to learn in a later post as well. 

Okay, so I've only blogged a couple times a long time ago, but never really thought much of it.  However, after getting on Pinterest to find ideas for Amigurumi lovelies that I could make and being directed to different great blogs, I thought maybe I should start sharing my creations, too!  Be patient with me as I figure out how to link to other blogs and upload pictures of my lovelies.  :)

Over the next few days, I hope to share with you the first few lovelies I have ever crocheted.  

I'll start off with one of my favorites - Sleepy Sarah by Mia over at Owlishly.  You can find her free pattern HERE.  
 Isn't she great?
She's the first doll I have ever crocheted (and the only one so far!), and I think she turned out very nice.

I hope to make a doll that I create myself who can be the Anna Belle this blog is named after, but so far it will just have to be a name and I'll just use my cute puppy as the profile picture.  Thanks for stopping by!  Come back tomorrow for another Amigurumi!

No comments:

Post a Comment