Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Lots of colors

I have a new Amigurumi to share with you!!

Mine looks a bit different from Dusti's over at her blog, Sheep of Delight, where you can find the pattern HERE, but that's because all creators are different.  I chose the yarn before I knew what I was going to make with it.  I had been eying the multicolored skeins in the baby section for quite awhile (they are just so soft!), but they are usually more expensive than a not-so-soft, but bigger, skein.  One fortunate day I was perusing my usual A. C. Moore store's yarn section and oh my goodness they had a great sale on them.  Not just a dollar off sale, mind you.  A more-than-50%-off sale.  So, I of course bought three! 

Are you ready??  Okay!  First, I will show you what she looked like when I almost had her complete:
Kind of crazy looking with all that yarn sticking out, huh?  And, no, she doesn't have a face yet.  I like to add my face at the very end when I can see exactly where I need to place the eyes, nose and/or mouth.  Like I said, every creator is different! :) 

Have you figured out yet what she could be?

The tail was a vital part in getting her to sit up on her own:

 She's no bigger than my hand!

She is.....Happy Hippo!  Isn't she darling?  You should really visit the blog where I found this pattern.  She has a few other great patterns that I may just have to try out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment