Friday, April 5, 2013

Hair .... and Headbands!

You know how in an earlier post I showed you the first doll I had made?  (You can see her HERE.)  Well, I am currently working on my next doll, and she is COMPLETELY different from Sleepy Sarah.  She is going to have both arms and legs, as well as ........ HAIR.  Yes, I know I'm using too many caps, but this is big for me.  I have NEVER done hair.  I've crocheted her head and one of her legs so far, and I'm excited to find out how she turns out.  Maybe when it gets a little lighter outside (yes, I'm up before dawn today) I'll take pictures of what I've finished so far so you can see. 

Until then, I want to show you another project I already have finished: headbands!
This is the Crochet Cluster V-Stitch Headband by Sara over at My Merry Messy Life.


Above is the adult-sized headband.  Below is the baby-sized head band.  Make sure when you are making yours to make it a little tight for your head because it WILL stretch out.  You don't want it stretching out so much that it falls off your head.
 So, if you are so inclined, you and your baby can match.  :)
You can find the pattern for these headbands HERE.  She has tons of other patterns for headbands if you don't want to try out the V-stitch for this one.  The rose is super simple, so you can make it for any band you fancy, really.  I really liked the look of these, and I wanted to try a brand new stitch so I gave it a go.  I like how they turned out!

2 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love the colors you used! The navy blue really makes the red pop. Thank you for attritubing the pattern to me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sara! And thank you for being my first comment on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete